Selected as one of the Best Places to Work in Rhode Island for the past five years.
PROJECT MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS & OUTREACH
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Manager, Communications and Outreach will be responsible for managing all aspects of RIASPA’s outreach to the afterschool field and to school officials. This non-managerial position includes the drafting and production of research and policy briefs, event planning, and production of materials highlighting RIASPA’s work and the importance of afterschool and summer learning. The Project Manager will also coordinate RIASPA’s high school expanded learning work, and will positively represent RIASPA when working with various local and statewide audiences.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and disseminate all publications produced by RIASPA. This may include policy briefs, white papers, one-page summaries, and other works designed to educate various constituent groups about afterschool.
- Oversee and implement field outreach strategies that educate, activate, and grow RIASPA’s membership. Examples of these strategies include the publication of the RIASPA e-newsletter, maintaining RIASPA’s website, managing RIASPA’s social media, managing RIASPA’s membership database, and highlighting exemplary afterschool programs.
- Manage RIASPA’s High School Expanded Learning Initiative, which works with schools across the state to plan and implement expanded learning opportunities for high school graduation credit. This includes convening and managing a policy work group.
- Provide research assistance on a range of issues related to afterschool and summer programming, expanded learning, youth development, and education.
- Plan and/or organize meetings and events for RIASPA committees and the general RIASPA membership.
- Present the work of RIASPA and its partners at workshops, panels, conferences, and other events.
- Attend state, regional, and national conferences as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of related experience.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the afterschool and expanded learning field, or education and youth development programs generally.
- Excellent writing and production skills. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) a plus.
- Ability to synthesize research and complex data to create materials that are accessible across a broad range of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and work independently.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by Friday, March 9 to:
United Way of Rhode Island
50 Valley Street, Providence, RI 02909